Thursday, March 10, 2011

Greetings from Asia

After a music copyright related fiasco with Blogspot, the Jams are finally back in action and ready to rock your puny little worlds once again.  As you may or may not know, the grand majority of Jam contributors are currently out exploring the world for six months, studying abroad in different parts of the pale blue dot we so affectionately call home.  As for myself, I have been living in Hong Kong for over 2 months, and it's been quite the experience.  Over the 10 weeks I've been here, I've already amassed a collection of over 250 new songs which have been rocking my world.  The music scene in China is rather bland, over 3 months the only noticeable acts to come through have been The Eagles, Slash, Eric Clapton, Zombie Nation, 2manydj's, and the beautiful Taylor Swift.  Nothing too exciting, but if all goes well this time tomorrow I will be partying with none other than German disc-jockey extrordinaire Zombie Nation.  So, in honor of my endless search for a great concert, I'll start of my post with a little Zombie Nation.  Party on Waynes.

Zombie Nation - Supercake 53


Big K.R.I.T (feat. Curren$y & Killa Kyleon) - Moon & Stars

  • A good friend introduced me to this track, and it's got absolutely incredible flows by three up and coming stars in the rap game.  I'm becoming a huge K.R.I.T. fan, his production skills are top-notch and his rhymes flow smoother than a babies bottom.  Curren$y and Killa also kill it, great chill out track.


Chris Brown - Bomb (feat. Wiz Khalifa)

  • Honestly I don't even know what to think about this track, except the beat is slappin' and Wiz throws down.  Opinions are welcome and encouraged.



Mord Fustang - The Electric Dream

  • A stellar electro-wobble-house track by an up and coming producer by the name of Mord Fustang.  He's only released two tracks, and both have a very glitchy Porter Robinson/Skrillex vibe to them.  Keep your eye on this guy, he's definitely going places.




The Strokes - Under Cover Of Darkness

  • New Strokes.  Great track, and incredibly catchy.  What more could you expect from this stellar band?  Julian's voice is great, and the guitar licks work so well together.  For all of you out there who think music is becoming a mishmash of computerized beeps and boops, don't lose hope just yet.  People are still playing real instruments out there.

Phetsta - Run You Down (feat. Reija Lee)

  • To fulfill that insatiable dubstep craving, I present to you Phetsta.  I don't even know how to pronounce his name, but seriously, who cares?  This song absolutely slays, and features incredible vocals by Reija Lee.  Flawless production and some really great wobbles.

More dubstep you say?  Well, since you asked so nicely...
Benny Benassi (feat. T-Pain) - Electroman (Dirtyphonics Remix)


Gemini - Blue



-Mario

No comments:

Post a Comment